Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Why Professional Athletes Get On My Nerves

So I am going to be venting in this blog post. Clearly by my title you will be able to tell what it is going to be about. But I'm sorry, these athletes are just getting on my nerves. They have the opportunities to have some of the easiest jobs in the world. I mean think about it, they go out and play a sport that they are good at and get paid for it. But yet, in some sports we still have those athletes who will not come to training camp or sit out games because they feel that they are not getting paid enough. I'm sorry but those athletes need to get over themselves. They are already making millions of dollars as is, and they basically only "work" for maybe 3 months out of a season. The rest of the time is spent training and preparing for the upcoming season. Albert Pujols used to be one of my favorite baseball players, until this past off season. He waited until the last minute to come to training camp and then decided to tell the Cardinals he felt like he was not getting paid enough. Sorry if this post got on your nerves I just do not see how people who are making millions upon millions yearly can complain about how they think they are not getting enough money.

2 comments:

  1. I like sports but I agree some athletes get on my nerves as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not into sports so I don't much about athletes except that most of them do make way too much money….but only the one's who play the "important" sports like football or basketball. What about the other athletes who don't get any credit, or millions of dollars? I'm not sure what Olympic competitors get but I bet you it's not as much as the other professional athletes.

    ReplyDelete