Monday, March 21, 2011

March Madness is finally here!

Besides Christmas, this is the most wonderful time of the year. For 3 weeks sports fanatics and others all across the country and other parts of the world take part in what is called by some as "March Madness." Others call it the NCAA(National Collegiate Athletic Association) Basketball Tournament. While I call it one of the best things ever invented. In case you do not know what this is I am going to fill you in. Basically it is a basketball tournament with 68 teams in it that lasts 3 weeks throughout March and on into the beginning of April. Millions of people all across the country take part and get involved by filling out brackets and entering bracket challenges at the chance of winning bragging rights and sometimes even money.

This year's tournament is different in a couple of ways and I for one love it! Firstly, they expanded the amount of teams in the tournament by 3. Where as in year's past only 65 teams got in, this year 68 teams made the tournament. In year's past games were only shown on CBS. So at points you were not guaranteed to see the game you wanted and it all depended on what region of the country you were in. This year every game is being broadcast on national TV. It is awesome! CBS, TBS, TNT and Tru TV are all broadcasting the games. We are only 1 week into the tournament and it is getting crazy. What are your thoughts on March Madness?

5 comments:

  1. March Madness 2011, is the year of the underdogs. There are so many lower seed teams that have completed upsets in the tournament so far, and it's really exciting. I still have the Duke Blue Devils winning it all, but so far my bracket has been completely busted. But, let's just see what's in store for the rest of March and April.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my unfavorite time of the year. My family will be glued to the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge fan of March Madness and think that it is one of the best times of the sports year. I have to say that other than the Crimson Tide i really do not follow college basketball until this time of year. I root for the underdogs and would love to see one win it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. March Madness is a great time of the year. It's one of those times where brackets are made out and you know there is going to be a underrated team make a run, but you just don't who it will be. I have North Carolina to win it all but I am interested in what VCU is doing in the tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very glad that I have seen this blog, because I have no idea about the March Madness, to be honest, I am not interested in sport very much, but I want to know everything that all of you like.

    ReplyDelete